A comprehensive look into the aspects of psychology that are obviously intertwined by the teachings of Islam, but which are easily overlooked by many people. This blog's purpose is to point out the undoubted connection the study of the human brain, mind, soul, and their envrionments have with the teaching of the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah (actions and sayings) of the beloved prophet Muhammed (May God's Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him).

Friday, April 28, 2006

Introductory Notes

Salaam,
First all of all I would like to say that I am not professionally certified neither in Islam nor in Psychology. I am a student of both, and I am only beginning my quest of learning both of these intertwined fields. I have not been studying the theories and ideas of psychology for very long, I would say for only 2 years maximum have I been formally studying psychology. However, from my experiences throughout my short life thus far, I have been come to understand many things when it comes to the development of individuals, lifestyle choices, and environmental factors. These things I am talking from my own personal experience, not solely just out of a text book. When it comes to Islam, I have been learning, and will continue to learn about the Deen of Islam until the day that I day. Formal education, such as Islamic School and what not, as well as informal education has been two of the ways that I have learned about Islam. The informal education has mainly been through my own accounts and experiences. Many may find it hard to believe, but the lessons of Psychology and Islam are infact very similar. Certain people do not realize it because they have been blind to what is good for them. Anyhow, I am an Undergraduate student of Psychology, who has just begun to take courses, therefore I am not an expert in any way. Regarding Islam, I am also a student of 'Ilm (knowledge), and I long to increase my knowledge at every possible oppurtunity. At this point I do not have a set teacher, but I will insh'Allah, and insh'Allah I will become more and more knowledgable Islam as time comes along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home